Growing need to maintain a minimum residue limit Fuel sector
DUBLIN, October 4, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Seed Treatment Market by Type, Formulation, Application Technique, Crop Type, Function – Global Forecast to 2029” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The seed treatment market is expected to reach $11.68 billion by 2029, at a CAGR of 9.9% during the forecast period, 2022 to 2029. This growth of this market is driven by the growing need for low-cost crop protection solutions, growing need for increase in crop yield and quality, the increasing need to maintain minimum residue limits in food products, advances in seed treatment equipment, increasing costs of high quality seeds such as hybrid seeds and GM, the benefits offered by seed treatment and the rapid reduction of agricultural land.
Additionally, the growing attention to integrated pest management, increasing adoption of biological seed treatment, and emergence of biodegradable seed coatings are expected to provide significant opportunities for the growth of this market.
Based on type, the seed treatment market is segmented into chemical seed treatment and biological seed treatment. In 2022, the chemical seed treatment segment is expected to account for the largest share of the seed treatment market. However, the organic seed treatment segment is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period. The growth of this segment is driven by rising environmental and public health concerns regarding the use of chemical seed treatment, increasing adoption of organic farming, high demand for chemical residue-free agricultural products and government initiatives around the world to promote the use of biological seed treatment.
Based on application technique, the seed treatment market is segmented into seed coating, seed coating and seed granulation. In 2022, the seed coating segment is expected to account for the largest share of the seed treatment market. The large market share of this segment is attributed to the growing need to protect seeds from external factors, such as fungi, pests, pathogens and temperature extremes.
Based on crop type, the seed treatment market is segmented into grains and grains, oilseeds and other crops. In 2022, the cereals and grains segment is expected to account for the largest share of the seed treatment market. The large market share of this segment is attributed to the growing need to increase grain and grain production, minimize grain and grain losses due to pests and diseases, and their growing use in animal feed , biofuels and the production of starch and ethanol.
On the basis of function, the seed treatment market is segmented into seed protection and seed enhancement. In 2022, the seed protection segment is expected to account for the largest share of the seed treatment market. Seed protection treatments do not harm seeds in prolonged storage, are highly effective against all diseases and are compatible with inoculants. These advantages contribute to the large market share of this segment. However, the seed improvement segment is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period.
Based on geography, in 2022, North America is expected to account for the largest share of the seed treatment market. The main market share of North America is attributed to the growing demand for high-yielding and disease-tolerant crops in domestic markets and export destinations. Additionally, factors such as an organized distribution chain for crop protection chemicals, availability of water and land, enterprising farmers, growing awareness of sustainable agricultural production techniques to reduce the he environmental impact and the presence of a large number of stakeholders support the growth of this market in the region.
- Growing need for low cost crop protection solutions
- Growing need to increase crop yield and quality
- Growing need to maintain a minimum residue limit
- Advances in Seed Processing Equipment
- Rising cost of high quality seeds (hybrid and genetically modified seeds)
- Advantages offered by seed treatment
- Decrease in agricultural land
- Strict and non-standard regulations
- Financial barriers for new entrants
- Restrictions on the use of neonicotinoids
- Limited shelf life of treated seeds
- Increased focus on integrated pest management
- Growing adoption of organic seed treatment
- Emergence of biodegradable seed coatings
- Complicated process of developing a film coat for seed treatment
- Growing resistance to phytosanitary products
Main topics covered:
2. Research methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview
5. Industry Overview
6. Seed Treatment Market, By Type
7. Seed Treatment Market, By Formulation
8. Seed Treatment Market, By Application Technique
9. Seed Treatment Market, By Crop Type
10. Seed Treatment Market, By Function
11. Seed Treatment Market, By Geography
12. Competitive Landscape
13. Business Profiles
- Bayer AG (Germany)
- Syngenta AG (Swiss) (part of China National Chemical Corporation/ChemChina)
- BASF SE (Germany)
- Corteva Inc. (USA)
- Limited UPL (India)
- Nufarm Limited (Australia)
- FMC Corporation (USA)
- Tagros Chemicals India Ltd. (India)
- Germains Seed Technology (UK) (part of Associated British Foods Plc)
- Verdesian Life Sciences LLC (USA)
- Novozyme A/S (Denmark)
- Valent BioSciences LLC (USA)
- Croda International Plc (UK)
- Precision Laboratories LLC (USA).
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/sr508e
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets