Forest Hill Park Invasive Plant Removal Work Day
The City of Richmond Utilities Department will conduct its annual flood wall testing from Tuesday, May 31 through Monday, June 6.
Testing will take place between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m., weather permitting.
Street closures will take place as follows:
- tuesday 31 may
- South 12th and E. Byrd Streets, Dock Street from 18th to 21st Street
- Wednesday, June 1
- Entrance from Brander Street to Ancarrow Wastewater Treatment Plant and Boat Launch
- Thursday, June 2
- Goodes Street off Commerce Road will be limited to one lane at the CSX crossing.
- Friday, June 3
- Cary Street and 21st Street
- Saturday June 4
- Mayo Bridge @ Dock Street. The bridge will be closed and no through traffic will be allowed. The north direction will be open on the island.
- Sunday June 5
- Mayo Bridge @ Dock Street. The bridge will be closed and no through traffic will be allowed. The south direction will be open on the island.
- Monday, June 6
- East Byrd Street between South 12th and Virginia Street
The Mayo Bridge will be closed to all forms of traffic during its trials, including motorists, cyclists and pedestrians.
During testing, details of adjacent streets, barricades and signs will be displayed.
Richmond flood barriers are tested annually to ensure they work when needed. The doors were last tested in June last year.